Thursday, July 28, 2011

What happened to Recess?

Growing up I never really enjoyed school. I never liked sitting in a desk listening to  some "old" lady babble about whatever it is she was babbling about,  I definitely understood why the teacher in Charlie Brown sounded the way she did. I am a simple man to please, and the whole time I was in that desk ... all I wanted to do was enjoy a game of Vortex football, play a game of knockout and chase girls. I got to do all those things at RECESS! That is, until it got taken away in 6th grade at the old age of eleven.

I am now 26 years old, trapped in a cubical farm, dreaming of reenacting the scene in Office Space where they beat the crap out of the printer with a baseball bat. The problem is that this is the real world and I don't need jail time for beating up someone else's printer. I have a better solution: I am going to take my recess back! Only now I have another element to add to recess, BEER!

Hence, Beer Recess.

Beer Recess is here to bring the joy of the Vortex football back to the people that have forgotten that they can leave the fluorescent lights, bad coffee and phony personalities behind for a little while. 

I can't tell you exactly what Beer Recess is just yet, but I promise you that if you love good beer and a smile on your face, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment